Sunday, June 7, 2009

Meet The Nelsons


Not just your ordinary couple. This is Ozzie and Harriet. They are a pair of Fawn Duckwing Bantams. I went to a yard sale yesterday (in some area's they are known as tag sales) and saw this couple and fell in love with them. I'd been thinking about getting some chickens, but not sure if they would work out here. At the moment, they are in a dog exercise pen that is covered. They have their water and a place to roost, a place to nest and even their own umbrella to shade them when the sun is overhead. I can take them out, let them roam around and then catch them to put them up. I saw them mating yesterday and am hoping to find some tiny eggs soon!

Look how they love to pose for the camera...


Ozzie is on the left, Harriet is on the right.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aww, they are beautiful! They sure are a couple of hams for the camera aren't they? I wish I could get my animals to pose like that!

Anonymous said...

Nice looking chickens Cathy!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

I think you have some star potential in these chickens - they are like super models! You could rent them out for chicken commercials or something. I have to admit, I'm a little afraid of chickens. Do you get tired of us sissy city folks being afraid of your bees and other creatures? You are doing a service to show us they are not to be feared.